ACT RUNABOUT RIDER INFORMATION
Aides, Attendants, Companions
- Aides or Attendants: individuals who assist ADA-eligible passengers do not pay a fare. They must board at the same location as the passenger. Passengers must specify at the time of booking that assistance will be accompanying them.
- Companions: One companion or child may travel with a passenger at full fare. Additional companions may ride at full fare on a space-available basis. Passengers must inform ACT about companions at the time of booking.
- Children: Children, 40 lbs. and under, must ride in an approved infant car seat supplied by the passenger. Passengers who do not have a car seat may request one from ACT for the trip in advance.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints, please visit our Contact Runabout page to submit them.
1 Transit Way
Pontoon Beach, IL 62040
Or, by phone at (618) 931-7433, Option 1.
For those who are speech-disabled or hearing impaired, dial 711 to be automatically connected to a Telecommunication Relay Service (TRS) assistant.
Or, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon request, drivers will assist passengers in and out of the bus.
- Drivers are not permitted to go inside a passenger’s home or a business.
- Passengers must notify a dispatcher if special help is needed.
- Drivers will not assist a passenger in a wheelchair up or down more than two steps at any location.
- Any other reasonable accommodations can be made upon request. Please contact us at (618) 931-7433 or email@example.com
Free Rides on MCT Fixed-Route Buses
Tired of making reservations in advance? Try the MCT fixed-route buses. MCT Paratransit registered passengers are eligible for a free ride on MCT’s expansive fixed route bus system throughout Madison County. All buses are lift-equipped and wheelchair accessible. For details about the Free Ride program, call 618-797-INFO (4636) or visit www.mct.org.
Hours of Operation
ADA-eligible passengers may travel during the same hours and days of operation as the MCT fixed route. Call (618) 931-7433, Option 1 for details.
Days of Week
Visitors to Madison County, with a disability that prevents them from traveling on the fixed-route buses, qualify for paratransit services. If you believe you qualify, please call (618) 931-7433, Option 1 to make arrangements.