Questions, Concerns, Comments
If you have any questions, concerns, comments, or a request for a reasonable accommodation please contact the Manager of Paratransit
Services, or the ADA Coordinator in one of the following ways:
1 Transit Way
Pontoon Beach, IL. 62040
For those who are speech-disabled or hearing impaired, dial 711 to be automatically connected to a Telecommunication Relay Service (TRS) assistant.
MCT recognizes individuals may require reasonable accommodations to have equal access to programs, services and activities.
Reasonable accommodations will be made, when necessary, for qualified individuals with disabilities, unless:
- Making the modification would fundamentally alter the nature of the program, service, or activity.
- Making the accommodation would create a direct threat to the health or safety of other passengers or participants.
- The individual with a disability is able to fully utilize MCT services or activities without reasonable accommodations being made.
- Where granting the request would cause an undue financial and administrative burden.
When a request for accommodation is made, MCT will make every effort to determine what, if any accommodation can be provided.
Information about the request, the process for determining whether the accommodation will be provided, and the potential accommodation(s)
will be promptly communicated with the individual making the request.
ADA Complaint Procedures
ADA Complaints must be received by MCT within 180 calendar days of the alleged incident. Beyond that period, complaints will be classified as
- Name, address and contact information of individual making the complaint.
- Date and approximate time of the alleged incident or violation.
- Location of the alleged incident or violation.
- Basis of the complaint. Description of the incident or violation.
- Any additional information that is pertinent to the investigation (ex: bus number, bus route, employee involved in the
complaint, direction of vehicle, details about the weather conditions at the time the incident occurred.)
Riders may file an ADA complaint in the following ways:
- Form: To submit an ADA Complaint, print and complete this form. Submit by faxing to: (618) 797-7547, email to ADA@mct.org,
or mail to:
Madison County Transit
Attn: Managing Director
1 Transit Way
Pontoon Beach, IL 62040
- Phone: Complaints can be called in to 618-931-7433. A message may be left on this line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To speak
with someone directly, calls are answered Monday-Friday 3:30 a.m. -2:00 a.m., Saturday 4:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m. and Sunday
6:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.