ACT RUNABOUT RIDER INFORMATION
Aides, Attendants, Companions
- Aides or Attendants: individuals who assist ADA-eligible passengers do not pay a fare. They must board at the same location as the passenger. Passengers must specify at the time of booking that assistance will be accompanying them.
- Companions: One companion or child may travel with a passenger at full fare. Additional companions may ride at full fare on a space-available basis. Passengers must inform ACT about companions at the time of booking.
- Children: Children, 40 lbs. and under, must ride in an approved infant car seat supplied by the passenger. Passengers who do not have a car seat may request one from ACT for the trip in advance.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding our service you may contact the Manager of Paratransit Services at:
1 Transit Way
Pontoon Beach, IL 62040
Or, by phone at (618) 931-7433, Option 1.
Or, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon request, drivers will assist passengers in and out of the bus.
- Drivers are not permitted to go inside a passenger’s home or a business.
- Passengers must notify a dispatcher if special help is needed.
- Drivers will not assist a passenger in a wheelchair up or down more than two steps at any location.
- Any other reasonable accommodations can be made upon request. Please contact us at (618) 931-7433 or email@example.com
Free Rides on MCT Fixed-Route Buses
Tired of making reservations in advance? Try the MCT fixed-route buses. MCT Paratransit registered passengers are eligible for a free ride on MCT’s expansive fixed route bus system throughout Madison County. All buses are lift-equipped and wheelchair accessible. For details about the Free Ride program, call 618-797-INFO (4636) or visit www.mct.org.
Hours of Operation
ADA-eligible passengers may travel during the same hours and days of operation as the MCT fixed route. Call (618) 931-7433, Option 1 for details.
Days of Week
Visitors to Madison County, with a disability that prevents them from traveling on the fixed-route buses, qualify for paratransit services. If you believe you qualify, please call (618) 931-7433, Option 1 to make arrangements.